November, 2016… our annual calendar photo contest has now begun. This is a fundraiser for Angels On Wheels Animal Rescue to help us with our medical bills. Calendar contest rules are as follows:
1. Winning photo (overall) will receive free calendar plus a full page feature.
2. Five runner up cat photos and 5 runner up dog photos will be featured for a month (each). They will have the option of being the only pet on that page OR they get to choose another (non runner up photo) to share their page with.
3. One page will be dedicated to the adopted or foster pets who’ve past away this year. These are special members of our family and we want to remember them. If you are submitting a photo of a deceased pet, please indicate that to me in the email. These photos will not be included in the voting contest.
4. Photo submissions are $10 per picture. Please only send high quality, high resolution photos. If they are low quality, the calendar company doesn’t accept them. I have no control over this.
5. Contest is open to ALL adoptive families AND our foster families. This is a fundraiser to help our animals. The more who submit, the more money we raise.
6. Donations can be made via PayPal (link can be found on our FB page, clicking the donate button on our website, or a check made out to Angels on Wheels. We are a 501c non profit, licensed rescue and any donation is tax deductible. Address to mail check:
Angels On Wheels Animal Rescue
P.O. Box 9170
Naperville, IL 60567
7. Photos need to be submitted electronically (for best resolution). Please email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “photo submission” in the subject.
8. Once I receive all the photos, we’ll start the voting contest.
9. Please remember I’m just a volunteer, I’ll make mistakes. Be patient. I think I get better at this each year. 😜
10. Questions can be asked here or email email@example.com
Be an Angel, and Give the Gift of Life and Love! Foster a Homeless Pet…Life Begins with our Fosters! If your interested in fostering, please click on the “forms” tab and complete the on-line foster application. We’d love to have you join our team! Thank you so much!
Angels on Wheels Animal Rescues was founded in 2009 by Susan Pratl. We are a no-kill, foster-based adoption organization located in the SW suburbs of Chicago dedicated to the care and adoption of homeless pets. We are a 501c3, non for profit animal rescue. We are composed of a group of animal loving volunteers saving animals from death row and giving them a second chance at life.
We do not have a physical building for you to come and meet the animals, this is the reason you don’t see an actual address. All of our rescued animals are cared for in “foster homes”. Foster home means families open their home to an animal in need and care for the animals until they find a forever home. We do not euthanize for health unless it is advised by the vet due to quality of life and the issue that is beyond what our vets can do. We do not euthanize for space, and our animals have as much time as they need until a family adopts them. Our foster homes are located all over the Chicagoland, but primarily in the SW suburbs of Chicago. Because our animals are cared for in people’s homes we do require an adoption application prior to making an appointment for a meet and greet and visiting so that we can learn more about you. There is no time limit for any animal’s stay with us. We are committed to finding the right home, and taking the time to carefully match the needs and the personalities of both people and adopted animals. If your interested in meeting any of our animals, please can click on the “adoptables’ tab to read more information or the “forms” tab to complete the on-line adoption application. You can can also check out our facebook page. We post many of our animals on facebook even before we put them on petfinder.
FOSTERS HOMES ARE DESPERATELY NEEDED TO SAVE MORE ANIMALS. We can only save an animal with a foster home. Please consider opening your heart and your home to an animal in need. We provide food, crate, xpen, all the medical, toys and bones. If your considering fostering, please fill out a foster application which is located under the “forms” tab. We would love to talk with you more about fostering.
Angels On Wheels is a Non-Profit-EIN 27-0727370, Illinois State Licensed-#13826, Dog and Cat Rescue, and we have been granted our 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Status which means we are exempt from taxation under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code. Your gift and adoption donation is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Since we are a foster based rescue, we do not euthanize for space, and rescued animals stay with us for as long as they need to find a home. We take care of any and all health issues with the animals that pass our doors. Some are very expensive and without donations, we couldn’t continue our missing of saving these precious animals. If you’d like to donate, please click on the donate button.
Monetary Donations are always accepted, and very much appreciated! Without donations from caring people, we couldn’t do what we do. You can either donate by clicking the donate button or by calling our vets office at 815-744-3540 and making a donation directly to them. Thank you so much!
Doing your shopping on amazon? Be sure to shop through amazon smiles and choose Angels On Wheels Animal Rescue as your charity and .5% of proceeds will be donated back to us. Click on the link below to get started.
ATTENTION MILITARY PERSONNEL….We are VERY, VERY PROUD to announce that Angels On Wheels Animal Rescue has been approved to partner with Pets for Patriots. http://www.petsforpatriots.org/. Certain adoptable animals through Angels on Wheels if adopted through a current or discharged military person and his/her family, you will receive specific benefits through Pets For Patriots…click on the above link for more details. The animals that qualify are any animal over the age of two, over 40 pounds, or any animal that might have a medical condition such as an allergy for example or special needs. You will also receive $25.00 of any adoption through us.
Every day thousands of healthy, loving cats, dogs, kittens and puppies face early deaths as a form of animal control. Others are left to fend for themselves against automobiles, the elements, other animal and cruel humans. You can help just by spaying and neutering your pets, don’t ever buy from a pet store, as almost every one of them uses some form of a puppy mill, and remind people to support and ADOPT from a shelter or rescue.
Shelter animals are very affectionate, forgiving, loyal companions just crying for someone to hold and love them. Please join us in the fight to save their lives by getting more and more of these babies adopted and fewer put to sleep! You can help by encouraging people to spay and neuter their pets, and to ADOPT and not shop at a pet store!
There is only one Happiness in Life…To Love and Be Loved!